November 12, 2008

Is It Just St. Louis?

Is St. Louis the most difficult place in the world to meet someone?

I've believed for a long time that there are a lot of idealists living in St. Louis. On some level, I think it's fantastic. People living by a set of standards that they believe their world should live up to... Why shouldn't you have everything that you believe you deserve? There's a part of me that lives that way. I want the job I want with the pay I am worth. And I want the man that I want too. The problem is... I don't think he's in St. Louis. And I also don't think that I fit within the set of requirements that St. Louis men have set up for their mates.

Four online dating sites and a slew of friends out there keeping their eyes open for my mate and while the "matches" are pouring in, nothing seems to fit.

Is it just St. Louis? Or is this being single after 35 thing a problem everywhere?

No comments: